ST. NEKTARIOS ORTHODOX COLLEGE AND SEMINARY (SNOCAS)
P.O. BOX 74616, CLOCK TOWER
KAMPALA UGANDA EAST AFRICA
If you are a Theologian, you will pray truly, and if you pray truly, you are a Theologian - Evagrios the Solitary.
St. Nektarios Orthodox College and Seminary (SNOCAS) is an institution of higher learning located in Nansana Zone II B. It offers both secular and theological education accessible to those that desire to incorporate spiritual growth with academic professional development under the patronage of St. Nektarios of Aegina.
The college offers a variety of secular programs, all leading to certificates, diplomas and degrees in Business Administration, Nursery Teaching Education, Public Administration, English and French speaking and writing, etc., while the Seminary training is designed chiefly for qualified Orthodox candidates who wish to prepare themselves for ordination to the priestly ministry in the Orthodox Church.
The seminary offers a certificate in theological studies. This certificate is designed for Orthodox clergy and laity who wish to broaden their knowledge of Church history, theology, and pastoral practice of the Orthodox Church.
The certificate of theological studies requires the completion of 20 credit hours accomplished in two years.
The course is divided into the following semesters:
- Principles of Orthodoxy
- Old Testament I
- New Testament I
- Liturgics I
- Old Testament II
- New Testament II
- Liturgics II
- Church History
- Patrology I
- Dogmatic Theology I
- Pastoral Theology
- Comparative Theology
- Canon Law
- Patrology II
- Dogmatic Theology II
- Moral Theology
- Fundamentals of Orthodox Spirituality
SNOCAS TEACHING STAFF
St. Nektarios Orthodox College and Seminary has an international staff of both Ugandans and overseas lecturers. The lecturers are highly qualified with mostly Masters and Ph.D. degrees, with extensive teaching and professional experience around the world.
ADVANTAGES OF ST. NEKTARIOS ORTHODOX COLLEGE AND SEMINARY
- Small classes (no huge lectures with hundreds of students)
- Course work involves much practical and field experience (not just reading for exams)
- Well qualified international lecturers with a wide range of experience.
- Extensive and in-depth, one-on-one interactions between students and lecturers; each student knows each lecturer.
- Every student is an individual (not just a nameless face or number in an assembly-line education system)
- SNOCAS offers a higher quality, more personalized and more practical education at a lower cost
- The distinction of our specialist teachers with experience in offering Orthodox Christian studies.
- A team of well-trained, experienced and friendly Tutors, who are always there to accompany the students during their academic journey.
- The most up-to-date techniques for assisting e-learners, utilizing the Moodle platform that is favored by leading providers of both electronic and distance-learning at the university level.
Get ahead in your career
There are many ways to acquire new skills, whether you prefer online training modules, YouTube educational videos, open source courses (such as MIT's), books, or finding expert mentors online. We can give you these opportunities to improve your skills in your professional life.
International Community of students
We are a part of the Genuine Orthodox Church’s system of education, which is present in more than 10 countries of the world. Keep in contact with different cultures and learn more about humanity.
Study on your own schedule
The flexible nature of e-learning makes it easy to incorporate into our everyday life. Some people seek it out for additional learning opportunities, and for career advancement. Help the environment while you are studying in your home!
Work with us for a better World!
We have a lot of programs which are directed to help poor people. Your contribution is an important aid to those who are excluded from social convenience. Be a part of this and donate!
Continue your integration with the world through post-graduation degrees
We have Master, PHD and MBA programs. We all have different skills, experiences and personalities and react differently to whatever environment we are in. Explore our programs with qualified teachers.
Graduation in 2 years
Complete your studies with quality in a short time. It is completely possible with our e-learning program. We also offer full-time programs at our campus in Uganda.
WHAT ARE THE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS?
- “O” Level result slip with six credits including science subjects for Certificate.
- “A” Level result slip with one principal pass and two subsidiaries for a Diploma.
- Or “A” Level result slips with two principal passes and above for a Degree.
- KCSE holders must have a minimum grade C (plain).
- Must have passed well with a first or second class Degree for a Masters.
WHEN AND HOW CAN I APPLY?
You should fill in the application form along with the materials listed on the form and the tuition for the semester. The application form costs (100,000/=) which is equivalent to USD $30.
You should visit the SNOCAS main campus at Nansana or other study centers all over the country, or you can also visit our liaison offices located at Jinja Municipality on Kamuli Rd on Kyabazinga close. You can also call: +256434660508 or + 256 779 768 503.
DONATE WITH PAYPAL
ACCOUNT NAME: BYZANTINE ORTHODOX CHURCH OF UGANDA
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 6006722995
NAME OF THE BANK: Absa
CORRESPONDENT BANK: CITIBANK NEW YORK
CURRENCY: UGANDA SHILLINGS
SWIFT ADDRESS: CITIUS33
MOBILE MONEY MTN: +256 779 768503